Background Image for Header:
WVU Shared Services Overview
- The WVU Shared Services Center is your one-stop shop for accessing human resources, financial management and sponsored-project financial management services and support.
- You can access live assistance from us Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. via phone (304-293-6006) or email (email@example.com).
- You also can interact with our Customer Care agents during standard business
hours via online chat through the
Salesforce case management and knowledge-base platform.
- The Salesforce Community provides a 24/7 online platform for faculty and staff to submit and track service requests, access frequently asked questions and share information through a digital library.
- Salesforce is accessible through portal.wvu.edu.
- The Shared Services storefronts provide walk-up support for faculty and staff. Locations include:
- The third floor of One Waterfront Place.
- The ground floor of the Mountainlair (Room G4A).
- The first floor of the National Research Center for Coal and Energy building (Room 104).
- We also plan to open a storefront on the ground floor of Health Sciences South in the coming weeks. And in late spring, WVU Institute of Technology and WVU Potomac State College will begin operating Shared Services storefronts on their respective campuses.
What We SupportCustomer Care
- Answering general questions about payroll, benefits, externally funded awards, employment, funding information, changes to employee accounts, I-9 employee processing, etc.
- Assistance in making purchases or reconciling PCard transactions.
- Connecting functional experts with customer requests when a request or resolution is outside of scope of the Customer Care team.
- Updating Taleo (WVU Hire), creating offer letters and pre-screening candidates.
- Keying benefits information in the MAP system, leave tracking and leave requests.
- Reviewing the onboarding process for new employees, including supporting new employees with forms and documentation.
- Reviewing and approving transactions submitted through Mountaineer Marketplace and MyExpenses.
- Handling the reporting of unrecorded assets/liabilities on a quarterly basis.
- Overseeing timecard submissions and working with supervisors to ensure time is submitted and approved.
- Reviewing and approving purchases on externally funded awards.
- Reconciling externally funded awards and monthly distribution of reports to principal investigators.
- Processing financial data related to grants (e.g., billing and invoicing of sponsors, reconciliation of award expenses, initiation of cost transfers, etc.).
- Monitoring of cases and reporting case statistics to units.
- Developing and implementing continuous-improvement procedures, processes and knowledge base articles based on case-management activities.
Contact us at