Background Image for Header:
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, West Virginia University Shared Services Center is providing limited walk-in visitor support at this time. Please contact us by telephone, email, or through the Salesforce Community to remotely process for payroll or for any of our other services.
All new benefit-eligible employees can review and complete required
benefits forms and explore optional benefits by visiting
If you need to process for WVU payroll, we ask that you complete the forms remotely. Please email SharedServices@mail.wvu.edu for instructions on how to process remotely. Please include your full legal name, anticipated start date, and job position accepted.
Foreign Nationals – If you are not a US citizen nor a US permanent resident and you need to process for payroll, please contact WVU Tax Services at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be sent instructions for processing.
Items Needed for Processing
1. Direct Deposit Information
The following banking documents may be submitted for direct deposit for
a checking or savings account:
- Voided check that includes the full routing and account numbers of the checking and savings account.
- Typed memo from the banking institution that includes the full routing and account numbers. (memos should be on bank letterhead and signed by a bank official)
- Copy of a bank statement that includes the full routing and account numbers.
- Counter Checks - with your full name and address written on the top.
2. Identification to Present for Form I-9
original, unexpired documents will be accepted. NO PHOTOCOPIES
Employees must present one item from List A or a combination of
one item from List B and one item from List C. You may download
List of Acceptable Documents. [PDF]
- All List B documents presented must contain a photo to comply with E-verify regulations.
3. Hiring Information
- Benefits eligible employees, mountaineer temps, and adjuncts with the Eberly College of Arts & Sciences should have a signed offer letter.
- Student workers, graduate assistants, work-study students, adjuncts, and all other employees should have received an email from Shared Services titled "Employee Requisition". You must have received this email prior to completing payroll processing. Please contact your hiring supervisor to obtain this form if needed.